Source : FreeCodeCamp
Picking out points out of already precise article from FreeCodeCamp
New Year Resolutions needs to follow 3 rules
- You need to be Passionate about the subject
- Visualise future you and check does it make you fulfilled ?
- Get friends / colleagues to hold you accountable for your resolution.
- If comfortable, make public commitment over your Twitter or LinkedIn.
- Is any pending public commitment ?
- Yes : Do you wish to accomplish that first ?
- No : Go ahead with commitment for current resolution
- Attach specific time duration e.g. #100DaysOfCode #100Days100Projects , #100DaysofGatsby, #AWSCertified Challenge etc
- If you can get your friend / colleague / community to also follow the same resolution ?
- Support from peers will motivate when you don’t feel like doing your bit on a particular day.
- Timebox resolution for 3 months instead.
- Set aside time for resolution in daily calendar.
- Have a close peer group to support you or work along with you.